Privacy & Cookies Policies
We value your privacy it is of the utmost importance to us. This policy is between the user of our website address https://www.wicksteads.com. & Wickstead’s. This policy applies to our use of any & all data collected by us in relation you your use of our website & any services we provide. Any of your personal details will only be used by Wickstead’s.
By using our Website or by providing us with your information, you consent to the collection, storage, use & transfer of your information under the terms of this policy. You agree that any date provided by you on this website is accurate.
We may amend this policy from time to time. If we make any substantial changes we will notify you by either posting a notification on our website or notifying you via email.
If you no longer wish to receive emails from us, each email we send contains a simple, automated way for you to request that we stop. If you wish to do this, simply follow the instructions at the end of any email or please email us at email@example.com. You may continue to receive mailings which are already on route to you for a short period of time while your request is being processed.
How we collect your information.
We may collect & process your personal information & data as follows:
- When you register on Wicksteads.com
- If you contact us via telephone or email, we may keep a record of that correspondence.
- Details of transactions/orders you carry out through our website.
- Information that you provide by filling in forms for transactional, employment or other purposes.
- When you enter any prize draws or competitions run by Wickstead’s or in conjunction with Wickstead’s.
- We may ask you to complete a survey that we have sent to you for research purposes, although you are under no obligation to complete these.
- Details of your visits to our website & the resources that you access.
- Comments you leave on our website.
- Images you may upload to our website or directly to Wickstead’s via email.
- When you log in or create an account for our website using social media.
How we use your information
We treat all personalise information as private & confidential. Any personal information we collect from you will be used stored securely & in accordance with the Date Protection Act 1998 & General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) 2018 as well as other relevant data protection or privacy legislation. The details we collect will be used to:
- Process any orders & communicate with you about the goods you have ordered from us. (Please note, your details may be passed onto a third party for them to supply or deliver the products you have ordered & we may retain your details for a reasonable period after you have completed the transaction to fulfil any contractual obligations such as refunds, guarantees etc).
- Process payments & prevent fraudulent transactions (we may retain your details for these purposes for a reasonable period & we may pass your details to a third party to carry out these functions).
- Register you on our website. Update our records & maintain your account with us.
- With your consent, we will retain the information you have provided us with & the details of any purchases you have made to enable us to recommend, products, services, offers & merchandise that you may interested you. We would contact you by electronic means (emails) regarding this information.
- Carry out assessments & analysis to enable us to review, develop & improve the products & services we offer, as well as the content & appearance of our website, to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you.
- Comply with our legal obligations/requirements.
- Administer any prize draws or competitions we may run.
- Assess & process your job application. We may retain a record of your information for a reasonable period following the end of our recruitment selection process for administration purposes.
- If you upload images to the website, you should avoid uploading images with embedded location data (EXIF GPS) included. Visitors to our website can download and extract any location data from images on the website.
- We collect your public profile data only from your consent that you grant before initiating Social Login, from the social network used to login at our website. This data includes your first name, last name, email address, link to your social media profile, unique identifier, social profile avatar. This data is used to create your user profile at our website. You can revoke this consent at any time by sending us an email.
Help us keep our records up to date by informing us of any changes to your email address or information. (You can also change this yourself on ‘My Account’ page of our website)
Please be aware that if we are requested by the police or any other regulatory or government authority investigating suspected illegal activities to provide your personal information or any other information we obtain about you, we are entitled to do so.
Our website may contain links to & from our partner networks, advertisers & affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies & that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal details to these websites.
Please help Wickstead’s keep our records up to date by informing us of any changes to your email address or other data.
Personal Accounts can be made & altered by yourself under ‘My Account’ page.
You may access your Account at any time to view or amend the data & information. Your personal information can be altered under ‘My Account’ page then under ‘Payment Method’ or ‘Account Details’. Addresses can be altered at the checkout. (please contact us if you have any trouble changing this information, we will help you as best we can)
You may access certain areas of Wicktead’s website without providing any data at all. However, to use all services & systems Wickstead’s provides (i.e. purchasing, commenting & leaving reviews) you may be required to submit account information or data.
If the personal information/data Wickstead’s holds about you is inaccurate or incomplete, you are entitled to correct it. If we have shared your personal data/information with 3rd parties, we will let them know about the changes where possible. Where possible & lawful to do so, if you ask us we will also tell you who we have shared your personal data/information with so you can contact them directly if you wish.
If you leave a comment, the comment and its metadata are retained indefinitely. This is so we can recognise and approve any follow-up comments automatically instead of holding them in a moderation queue.
For users that register on our website, we also store the personal information they provide in their user profile. All users can see, edit, or delete their personal information at any time (except you cannot change your username). Website administrators can also see and edit this information.
If you have an account on this site, or have left comments, you can request to receive an exported file of the personal data we hold about you, including any data you have provided to us.
If you have an account on our website or have left comments, you have the right to request to receive an exported file (copy) of the personal data we hold about you, including any data you have provided to us. If you require additional copies, we may need to charge you reasonable fee. In some circumstances you can also request for Wickstead’s to erase your personal information & date we hold on you where applicable (i.e. where we no longer need it or if you withdraw your consent). This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.
If you would like to unsubscribe to our Mailing (Email) list, please click ‘unsubscribe’ at the bottom of the email you were sent.
Never send any sensitive information, such as passwords or credit card information, via email. (if your address or credit card information has changed please change this on either your own ‘My Account’ Page on this website or on PayPal)
Where you have chosen to create a password to access certain parts of our website, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone.
Wickstead’s are committed to keeping your personal information provided by you secure. Although the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure, Wickstead’s will do the best & will/have taken reasonable precautions to protect your personal data & information from misuse, loss or alteration. All owners & employees of Wickstead’s & data processors (i.e. those who process your personal information on our behalf for purposes such as your order/purchase/transaction with us), who have access to & are associated with the processing of your personal information, are obliged to respect the confidentiality of the personal information of all users of our website Wickstead’s. Security of our website is of the upmost importance to us.
As with all computer networks linked to the internet, we cannot absolutely guarantee the security of your data or information submitted over the internet to Wickstead’s website or any 3rd party payment providers we may use to receive your payment such as PayPal & Stripe, as such we cannot be held responsible for misuse, loss or alteration to your data & information. Any data transmission is at your own risk.
We treat information you give us as confidential & private. However, we share your information to 3rd party services who act on our behalf or for purposes approved by you. Such as your physical address (& phone number if applicable) would be shared to the relevant postal/courier services so they can deliver your order to you.
Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
Your data (e.g. email address & name) may be stored by 3rd parties (e.g. MailChimp) on Wickstead’s behalf. These 3rd parties employ security measures to protect your information from access from unauthorised personal & against unlawful processing, misuse, accidental lose, destruction or damages
Visitor comments may be checked through an automated spam detection service.
Wickstead’s will not sell, pass on, distribute or lease your personal data or information for any purposes or to 3rd parties other than in accordance with our policies. Unless the 3rd party has your permission or is required by law to do so.
What are cookies?
We use a number of different cookies on this site to understand more about your visit, keeping track of the items in your shopping bag, learning more about how you arrived at our website, store your preferences to make your next visit easier & help us to enhance your experience.
If you leave a comment on our website you may opt-in to saving your name, email address and website in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment. These cookies will last for one year.
If you have an account and you log in to this website, we will set a temporary cookie to determine if your browser accepts cookies. This cookie contains no personal data and is discarded when you close your browser.
When you log in, we will also set up several cookies to save your login information and your screen display choices. Login cookies last for two days, and screen options cookies last for a year. If you select “Remember Me”, your login will persist for two weeks. If you log out of your account, the login cookies will be removed.
If you edit or publish an article, an additional cookie will be saved in your browser. This cookie includes no personal data and simply indicates the post ID of the article you just edited. It expires after 1 day.
Cookie types Wicksteads.com uses
These are cookies that our website needs to function and if they are not accepted by you, parts of the site won’t be usable. Examples of where these cookies are used include: to store how many items are in your shopping bag & to determine when you are signed in.
Third Party Cookies
We use various software tools that allow us to study, and then improve, how customers interact with our website – this is known as website analytics. Examples of analytical tools that we use are: Google Analytics & Google Adwords. Analytics cookies allow us to understand more about how many visitors we have to our website, how many times they visit our website and how many times a user viewed specific webpages within our site. Although analytics cookies allow us to gather specific information about the pages that you visit and whether you have visited Wicksteads.com multiple times, we cannot use them to find out details such as your name or address.
What are your choices regarding cookies
Where can you find more information about cookies?
If you would like to learn further information or would like to know how to control or delete them, please visit https://ico.org.uk/for-the-public/online/cookies/
Our Policies as set out here, may by amended from to time to time to reflect any changes in our use of your personal information & data, to ensure that you are always aware of how we use your information. We may also make changes as required to comply with changes in the applicable law or regulatory requirements. Wickstead’s will notify you by e-mail of any significant changes. However, we encourage you to review these Privacy & Cookie Policies yourself to be informed of how we do/may use your personal information.